Monday, December 17, 2012

Sights on: Iqaluit, Nunavut!

My most recent explanation to why i do what i do is here, so now...

Why on earth do i want to live in Iqaluit, Nunavut in the Canadian Arctic??

For a few reasons....

Because i simply (and inexplicably) have a deep need to live in the Arctic... it touches my soul.

Because i have a decades-long obsession with aboriginal and Inuit culture and spirituality and want to be able to experience it first-hand.

Because i want to (try to) learn to read and speak Inuktitut.

Because i am in love with the Aurora Borealis and want to be with Her again. For me, it is a glimpse of the Divine.

Because i yearn to see Arctic sea-life such as polar bears, narwhals, belugas, humpback whales, seals and walruses, etc. And yes, eat them too.

Because i didn’t go dog sledding when i was in Yellowknife, and there are so many other new experiences too, like sea kayaking, to be had.

Because i have the health & means at this moment, and i won't have them forever, so i need to do this asap. 

Because Arctic Affairs is one of the few political topics that actually lights a fire under my butt.

Because i want to do my DUTY to help protect Canadian Arctic Sovereignty.

So yeah. I plan to move to Iqaluit (in a year and a half... i have a whole LOTTA money to save up to do it)! :-D
OH so scary!! AAAAAAAA! :-S


Sept/13 UPDATE:  Nope.. Iqaluit has been put off for awhile in lieu of the UK and Europe.  I figured staying in one place like i did in Yellowknife is a 'safe' thing to do, and i need to spread my wings and do my gypsy nomad thing finally.. EVEN MORE SCARY!!  So.. we shall see...

No comments: